Shaking, clunking, or other ride problems are all signs you need the suspension specialists at Brake Works.
Your car’s suspension system plays a vital role in your driving comfort and safety. When it begins to wear, the results can range from shaking and bouncing to breaking down in the middle of traffic. Here are some signs to be wary of; if you notice any of these, get your vehicle to the suspension specialists at Brake Works as soon as possible.
1. Does your car seem to “bottom out” when you go over bumps or hit low spots in the road? If so, the likely cause is worn shocks. Over time this can make it difficult to control the car and can contribute to further damage.
2. When you steer, does the car lean in the opposite direction of the one you’re turning into? This is another sign of worn suspension components. Left unfixed, this can get so bad that your car may actually flip over.
3. Are your tires wearing excessively or unevenly? The parts that hold them in place and turn them when steering may be dangerously worn. Eventually, this will not only destroy your tires, it will also reduce your gas mileage efficiency and compromise your safety.
4. Do you hear a “clunking” sound when you start to turn? This can be an early sign of failing constant velocity (CV) joints. Faulty or failing CV joints can actually cause your front wheels to fall off while the car is moving.
5. Does your steering wheel shake as you’re driving? This can indicate problems ranging from unbalanced tires to failing suspension components. Unless the underlying problem is identified and fixed, you can end up with ruined tires, poor gas mileage, and damaged brakes or other components.
Suspension problems are nothing to play around with. If you notice any of the symptoms listed above, then come see your Brake Works suspension specialists right away. We have the tools, knowledge, and experience to find and fix the problem, getting you back on the road safely as soon as possible.