If you’re a truck owner, it’s important to be sure your vehicle has top-notch equipment keeping it running safely. This includes acquiring the best brake pads for trucks.
Whether you have a light truck, a heavy-duty truck, or own a fleet of trucks for business, brake pads can have a strong impact on the safety of your vehicle. It’s vital to have top quality brake pads that will keep your cargo and passengers safe.
Below are brake pads for trucks recommendations for all makes and models. Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota — we have the best brake pads for your truck.
Types of Brake Pads
Before we get into which model of brake pads are best for your vehicle, it’s important to know about the different types of brake pads designed for everyday vehicles. This will help you decide what material is ideal for your truck.
• Ceramic Brake Pads – A cost-efficient, widely used option, ceramic brake pads are great for light trucks that are mainly used for general street driving. Ceramic brake pads create little brake dust and produce minimal noise.
• Semi-Metallic – Not typically common in general vehicles, semi-metallic brake pads are the best material of brake for drivers who require maximum friction and brake stoppage. These brake pads are a louder option, which also can produce a significant amount of dust.
• Low-Metallic – A great middle option for those who want materials like copper or iron in their brake pads, low-metallic brake pads provide a great balance of friction for stopping, without the noise and dust.
• Organic – These brake pads are made from natural materials such as glass, carbon, or Kevlar. Organic brake pads are great for all types of trucks and are the only brake pads that work great in cold weather, without the dreaded squeaking noise.
Best Brake Pads for Heavy-Duty Trucks
If you use your truck to tow materials or typically drive on rugged land, these brake pads are best for your truck.
• Power Stop Extreme Truck and Tow – These Power Stop brake pads provide maximum friction for speedy braking and wear 40 percent better than traditional stock pads. Power Stop Extreme Truck and Tow brake pads are tailor-made for all vehicles, and you’ll notice a difference in braking immediately.
• Hawk Super Duty Brake Pads – If you consistently haul heavy loads, the Hawk Super Duty Brake Pads are an ideal option. These are specially designed to work efficiently under extreme temperatures without fade and boast unrivaled stopping power.
• EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads – A top-notch semi-metallic brake pad, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are perfect for large trucks and SUVs. These brake pads are built to last, with very minimal wear on rotors and a 10,000-mile warranty.
Best Brake Pads for Light Trucks
Toyota Tacoma, Ford Ranger, Nissan Frontier — light trucks used for everyday driving require specific brakes for their size.
• EBC Extra Duty Brake Pads – EBC Extra Duty brake pads are made from organic materials, which prevent pad corrosion and separation. The organic materials also allow these brake pads to produce virtually no noise.
• Raybestos Element3 PG Semi-Metallic Brake Pads – The Raybestos brake pad is one of the most affordable brake pad options on the market, made from a semi-metallic material. Reduce wear and benefit from reduced noise on your truck with these pads.
• EBC Green Supreme Truck Brake Pads – These brake pads are a great ceramic brake pad option for daily truck drivers whose main concern is having brake pads that don’t produce a lot of dust. The tough brake surface increases the brake pad longevity, so you can enjoy your low-dust brake pads on your light truck for longer than other types.
Visit Brake Works for These Brake Pads and More
If your truck is in need of the best brake pads on the market, stop by one of our Brake Works locations for recommendations. Our certified specialists will suggest the best types of brake pads for your truck’s needs, no matter the make or model.
Contact us today to set up an appointment or request an estimate.